LOR Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

umes

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a quick question about getting a LOR from a professor. I took a class with this professor about a year ago and I e-mailed her earlier this week asking for a letter of recommendation. She replied back saying that she doesnt' work at the university anymore and that she works at another school (which is about an hour away) and so couldn't help me (i think she's under the assumption that she can't write a lor since she doesnt teach at the school anymore) Does it make a difference if I get a letter of rec from a professor who changed schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Doesn't matter. She taught you at your school whether she's there still or not. She probably knows this too.

Sounds like a cheap way of saying no. Press ahead, but tread lightly.

umes said:
I have a quick question about getting a LOR from a professor. I took a class with this professor about a year ago and I e-mailed her earlier this week asking for a letter of recommendation. She replied back saying that she doesnt' work at the university anymore and that she works at another school (which is about an hour away) and so couldn't help me (i think she's under the assumption that she can't write a lor since she doesnt teach at the school anymore) Does it make a difference if I get a letter of rec from a professor who changed schools?

BuckerPark said:
Doesn't matter. She taught you at your school whether she's there still or not. She probably knows this too.

Sounds like a cheap way of saying no. Press ahead, but tread lightly.

x2