LOR Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheElement

Being Lazzy
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm getting a letter from one of my finance professors but he has a PhD in both finance and math and he has taught both types of classes. Do yall think his letter could "count" as one of the two BCMP ones that you're supposed to get?

Members don't see this ad.

Any thoughts?

No. That's like saying my History professor had a PhD in Math from Berkeley could write me a math LOR.... (and I have no idea why she didn't do something else math related, like quant jocks, rather than post-doc in history)

Members don't see this ad :)
So I'm getting a letter from one of my finance professors but he has a PhD in both finance and math and he has taught both types of classes. Do yall think his letter could "count" as one of the two BCMP ones that you're supposed to get?
What class did he teach you?

What class did he teach you?

I agree. It all depends on what class U had him in. If it was a math class, then yes it would count. But if it was say political science or a non-BCMP class then I would say no. The science letter should reflect your performance (work-wise, effort, communication with professor) in the science class. I think that if you took a law class with him he might mention in the letter that "so and so took my law class and I loved working with her bla bla bla." Even though that Math background exists, the class you took was a law class. I hope i make sense.

Med schools care about what class professors taught you, not what degree they have. It won't fly.