LOR questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KSDeacon

Rock Chalk Jayhawk!!!!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, a couple of things:
1. My school uses a committee letter for which I acquired 3 faculty recs. I am applying ED to KU med, and i think i need 2 additional letters. I have worked in the ER at a hospital for over a year and am thinking about asking 2 people from here. One is a MD and the other is one of the charge nurses. Both will write me very good recs. Any thoughts on using the RN as well as 2 people from the same department?
and 2. The Chair of my health professions committee mentioned using the AMCAS LOR service for the committee letter. KU doesn't require AMCAS letter service so do i not need to input the committee letter into my application at all?

Members don't see this ad.

Okay, a couple of things:
1. My school uses a committee letter for which I acquired 3 faculty recs. I am applying ED to KU med, and i think i need 2 additional letters. I have worked in the ER at a hospital for over a year and am thinking about asking 2 people from here. One is a MD and the other is one of the charge nurses. Both will write me very good recs. Any thoughts on using the RN as well as 2 people from the same department?
and 2. The Chair of my health professions committee mentioned using the AMCAS LOR service for the committee letter. KU doesn't require AMCAS letter service so do i not need to input the committee letter into my application at all?

I asked for the original copies of the letters to be sent along with the PMC cover letter for my school as "supports." Unless the school asks for the extra letters, I would simply send the PMC. It wouldn't hurt to request the extra two letters ASAP. Best of luck!