LOR reminder to prof

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

houstonpremed

Reaction score
Hey guys I need some advice on how to email a professor to reminder her to submit my LOR. I requested a letter from her a while ago and emailed her again for an update and she said she would have it in by the week of July 19, and it still isn't submitted. She reassured me that she hasn't forgotten about me, that she is writing a lot of LOR's (47!!) and had some unpredictable arrangements with a lack of childcare and unexpected medical appointments, and that my letter will be in soon. I have submitted my secondaries but without my final letter my application isn't complete and it's already August. Should I send another reminder email or be more patient? I don't want to bug her but I'm freaking out a little, any advice on how to remind her gently (lol) would be greatly appreciated?

Members don't see this ad.

When was the last time you sent her a reminder? It's not unreasonable to check in on the status of your letter if it's been a few weeks.

Also, you mentioned she's writing a lot of letters. Do you feel like she knows you well enough to write a great letter in support of your application? Is there someone else you would consider getting a LOR from if she's flaking?

Reactions: 1 user
I sent her a reminder on July 14 and she replied on the 19th. She will be my strongest LOR as she was my professor for 2 years and we talked a lot.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's been almost a month. Send her a reminder.

Reactions: 1 user
If she is writing that many, how is it possible for her to differentiate and talk about your candidacy in a unique manner?