LOR, research professor for non-science category.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

A6project

bold yet faithful
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, everyone :D

soo i understand that we need 4 letters of rec. (2 from science professor, 1 from dentist, 1 from non-science professor).

I am wondering if I cam get non-science profeeosr LOR from research professor(study of ecology)......

probably not, right???

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, everyone :D

soo i understand that we need 4 letters of rec. (2 from science professor, 1 from dentist, 1 from non-science professor).

I am wondering if I cam get non-science profeeosr LOR from research professor(study of ecology)......

probably not, right???

First thing is, it cant hurt it can only help. Some schools say ecology is not a bio but some do. If I was you what I would do is get the rec since that cant be bad right? After that call the schools you want to apply to and find out which schools take ecology and which schools dont.

Also what you can do is I heard comittee letters will compile all your letters into one. This means that you can technically have more than 4 LOR's.

I dont see why any school wont take ecology though. But just to be safe I would call them, I know some schools dont take physics though.