silkworm

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 29, 2004
Bardo
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I have completed 10 secondaries so far. I've been intermittently asking for my LOR package to be forward to schools starting on 7/1. But to this date, NONE of the school has signaled the receipt of the letters. Just now I checked the online status page for MCW, SLU and Ohio State, three schools I've been otherwise complete since 6/30, and they still show no receipt of letters.

Is this lag normal or should I be concerned?

notdeadyet

Still in California
15+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
Are you doing this from a campus mailing service? Do you know for a fact that all your writers submitted the LORs to the service already? Meaning, is the hold up the mailing of them or the writing of them?

About the Ads

jackieMD2007

***MVI***
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
The Hospital
Status
Resident [Any Field]
You have got to get to the bottom of this. NOW! Call your school and SEE if all of the letters are even in. If they aren't, head to the profs. If they are, then throw some more money/written requests/sexual favors their way until they get mailed out.

OP
S

silkworm

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 29, 2004
Bardo
Status
I've confirmed all the letters are in and already expressed my concern to the lady in charge of the letter service. She counseled waiting.

leahmaria

10+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2006
Midwest
Status
Medical Student
so the letter service lady said that they've been all mailed out?

i don't think that it is the school's processing time. i had my letters sent to mcw on 7/7 and they were acknowledged by mcw on 7/10

jackieMD2007

***MVI***
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
The Hospital
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Dude you want me to send Chuck Norris over there to counsel her with a roundhouse kick to the face? :laugh:

OP
S

silkworm

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 29, 2004
Bardo
Status
No need for Chuck Norris' expertise at this stage. But it definitely seems others have gotten the confirmation much more quickly. I think I will assume something went wrong and ask for the letters to be resend.

Thanks guys

About the Ads