Lor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mistadawkins

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have volunteered at a clinic for the past year. I just asked my clinic manager for a LOR. Should I have asked an MD instead? I have worked with an MD for nearly 3 months when I first started and since have worked with a Nurse Practioner (Gyn). Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

I have volunteered at a clinic for the past year. I just asked my clinic manager for a LOR. Should I have asked an MD instead? I have worked with an MD for nearly 3 months when I first started and since have worked with a Nurse Practioner (Gyn). Thoughts?
Who did you work most closely with? The important thing is that the letter writer knows you well and can speak of your work ethic, people skills, etc

Both my manager and NP know me well. I know my manager has written letter before and can told me she has great things to say. I'm sure the NP would say the same. I'm just worried it might be frowned down upon if I get my LOR from my manager instead of a MD...

Members don't see this ad :)
Both my manager and NP know me well. I know my manager has written letter before and can told me she has great things to say. I'm sure the NP would say the same. I'm just worried it might be frowned down upon if I get my LOR from my manager instead of a MD...
It will not be looked down upon. Go for the one that is more personal.

You could always have the manager and MD cosign a letter. Especially if the MD has something to add to the manager's perspective. That being said I agree with Sector9 about going with the one that is more personal.