LORs for a reapplicant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docinthemaking10

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have since graduated from college since applying last cycle. I had a full time job for almost a year and then quit a couple months ago so I can't really get a letter from my previous supervisor. Do people usually just use the same letters or what should I do? I take classes online so I haven't gotten close to any new professors, and my two new jobs that I have I'm really not that close to my supervisors to ask for one so I guess I feel stuck.

Members don't see this ad.

I have since graduated from college since applying last cycle. I had a full time job for almost a year and then quit a couple months ago so I can't really get a letter from my previous supervisor. Do people usually just use the same letters or what should I do? I take classes online so I haven't gotten close to any new professors, and my two new jobs that I have I'm really not that close to my supervisors to ask for one so I guess I feel stuck.

From what I have heard, I believe the consensus is to try and get 1-2 new letters (hopefully from people you have been in contact with this past year) if you are planning on keeping a few of the old ones.

How to decide to prioritize old LOR vs. new LOR when it comes to re-application? Assuming they are all good ones :) Since medical school usually just ask you to assign the EXACT amount of letter to them, nothing more.