LORs for Non-Trads

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xDNA

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Just wondering, I'm non-trad upcoming applicant with no pre-med committee. My plan currently is to get 2 LORs from supervisors I worked with, 1 from where I volunteered and 1 from one of my science professors. Does this sound good ?

Also, when should I start getting my LORs and how does it work. I thought I read one time that I'm not allowed to see whats written on the LOR? Would my LOR writers have access to my application to write the letter themselves there or? I would like just some clarification on that process.

Members don't see this ad.

To fulfill the requirements for the most schools, you will need 2 science letters and one non-science letter. Remember that medical school is primarily an academic pursuit as opposed to something like business school where academic letters aren't really important.

AMCAS will allow you to send a link to your letter writers, they can upload their letter directly into your application.