• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

AmyBass2011

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 1, 2004
Ft. Irwin, CA (Army Base)
Status (Visible)
I am taking almost all my pre-reqs during my Freshman year and a few in my sophmore year... What do I need to do about LORs for them. I am taking my Freshman year here in California and I am moving during my sophmore year to Washington. Can I ask for the LORs and hold on to them myself? How does this work? Do I need to go all the way back to California for them? I am sure the professiors will forget me if I call up and say, hey I was in your class 2 years ago, can you write me an LOR? Any advice? My Junior and Senior year are completley non-science. Amy

drbrowneyes

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2004
Danville, VA
Status (Visible)
You may want to alert your instructors that you intend to apply to medical school and know that you will be needing a LOR from a science faculty member. However, I would recommend that you do take some science courses later too so that you will be refreshed before you take the MCAT. I finished my pre-reqs in one state and moved to another. When time came to request LOR's I emailed my instructors to re-introduce myself, asked for their mailing address, and explained why I was requesting. Next, I mailed them the evaluation forms along with the letter further explaining my intentions. Most importantly : because so much time will have passed make sure your academic performance in their class will encourage them to remember you.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.