LORs holding up my application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shootingstar7

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. Hope u are spending your weekend having fun, not stressing out like me!!:)
My question is about my committee letter. Its still a work in progress..not uploaded to AADSAS yet. Do you think its absense could be preventing me from getting invites? I got one from NOVA last week but nothing this week. I am an eighth batcher. Eighth <3

Members don't see this ad.

I am in the same position. Only no invites yet for me. I am still waiting for my DAT scores to be uploaded on AADSAS and for the committee to write the letter. I can not even begin to tell you how frustrating it is. On top of this, I called up my number one school choice and they said that they already filled interview spots for November. WTF???

Eeek!! I know how u feel! Its so frustrating when this stuff is out of your control!

Members don't see this ad :)
I think it depends on the school. I applied to some schools that have LOR requirements for them to review your app for interviews, so they deemed my app incomplete until my committee letter was received. I applied to one school who had no LOR requirement at all and had an invite the Monday after my app was mailed. I'm also 8th batch! :) good luck!

I have two letters uploaded and missing one. I too got an interview to Nova, however other schools have told me my application can not further be processed only because they are waiting for that additional letter (UPenn, WesternU, NYU). So yea it depends on the school really

it depends on the school.

i got one interview invite without my committee letter, which held up my applications at almost every school for another two and a half weeks but i don't think many schools will give you an interview until its in. it sucks but theres nothing to do other then wait it out

Thanks everyone for your responses! I had a feeling that most of the schools were waiting on it, but I couldn't help but wonder if something else was red-flagging the reviewers.