LORs - is there a special form?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003]

Platinum Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to send out LORs already. I heard from someone that there are special LOR form that schools send out to applicant. Is it true? If true for which schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Some schools have them, some don't. They are usually sent out with secondaries. I had mine sent in without the forms. The school I'm applying to has them but doesn't require them. They have rolling admissions and told me it was more important to get everything in early rather than waiting on the forms which are not necessary. I'm sure this varies from school to school though, you probably need to check with each one individually.

Didn't use any special forms. Out of 23 applications, I believe maybe one school had a form. I called and was told it wasn't necessary to use it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi spiderman, I believe you should wait until the prospective medical schools request them. Sometimes they indicate what LOR's they want when they send out secondaries (i.e. premedical committee letter, science prof, nonscience prof, etc), sometimes they request LOR's when interviews are scheduled. Unless they specifically state that they want LOR's, probably not a good idea to until then...might get lost in the shuffle.

I also asked if the LOR forms they sent with secondaries were required, and thankfully, they said they weren't.

Good luck :)

My school's premed committee had their own waiver forms and sent my LORs out to every school right after I submitted the amcas application....although you should check with each school you're applying to, to see if they accept them early. All of my schools had no problem with that. :)