LORs question!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LakerFan888

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

My school has a Committee letter that has 6 recommendation letters from faculty at my school (both science and non-science). My school said they send all of them whether or not the school requests a few only. I have volunteered a lot at a local nursing home and wanted to get a recommendation from them. I also wanted to get a letter from a Doctor I have shadowed. Will adding these to the 6 be a problem? I really wish my school didn't have to send all 6...

Thanks SDN!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

My school has a Committee letter that has 6 recommendation letters from faculty at my school (both science and non-science). My school said they send all of them whether or not the school requests a few only. I have volunteered a lot at a local nursing home and wanted to get a recommendation from them. I also wanted to get a letter from a Doctor I have shadowed. Will adding these to the 6 be a problem? I really wish my school didn't have to send all 6...

Thanks SDN!
I doubt the non-professor LOR's would be any benefit to you. Adcoms are looking at what type of a student you are, not whether you were an eager volunteer or how well you silently followed a doctor around... The non-prof letters won't help your application unless a school you are applying to specifically requests them. I wouldn't bother with them.