LORs slowing down my secondary app process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nobuo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

So, I have my secondary essays and everything set. The only thing that I'm worried about are my LORs. A lot of med schools ask for 2 science and 1 nonscience. I still need my 2nd science LOR to be sent to interfolio.

I'm just wondering, should I go ahead and submit secondaries and fill in my 2nd science writer's info even though I don't have the letter yet? What should I do if the letter comes super late? (Or what if my writer bails on me and doesn't do it?)

Here are the LORs I have so far:
1 science faculty who I did lab research with
1 non-science faculty
1 clinical research
2 shadowing experience

?? still waiting for 2nd science letter :(

Members don't see this ad.

One of my science profs told me it would take her three months to complete my LOR. The time went by. I reminded her three times, politely, that I needed it. It never happened, forcing me to scramble at the last minute to get another LOR. I wouldn't put the name down until you have the letter submitted. I'd also consider working on a backup plan now, just in case. Maybe if you personally revisited the professor, the letter would be more likely to show up in a timely manner.

It sucks. I'm waiting for an LoR from a teacher of mine I asked 3 months ago. Should be in today but you never know. You just really need to either keep on it or find someone else. Put yourself out there and ask some professors just in case, go in with all your stuff together so you can just give it to them. It won't be the best letter in the world but it's better than nothing.

Members don't see this ad :)
i have to wait till sept. for one of mine b/c the professor went to Africa right after the semester ended to do research [my non-science one]
god, seriously??