• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

CalNative

10+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2007
Status (Visible)
Any thoughts out there from folks who have done Sub-Is or interviewed at the following programs: UCSD, UCLA-NPI, UCLA-SFVP, and Cedars-Sinai?

sga430

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2006
www2.blogger.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
cedars is a great training program i feel. amazing patient diversity. possibly the best i have seen. (u do see both low and high functioning cases, atlest in inpatient and c/l.) i heard ucla-sfv is good too in that the workload is light. heard u spend a lot of time driving and with VA patients. i didnt interview there.

dont know too much about the other 2. heard ucsd is not friendly but i am sure it is great for research. heard ucla-npi is good for research.

About the Ads

CalNative

10+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2007
Status (Visible)
Tnanks for the info!

I did an inpatient sub-I at UCLA-NPI and found the cases to be very rich in psychopathology. I also found the social workers to be very strong, supportive, and involved.

One of the concerns that came up was that during the internship year, while on Medicine at CHS (UCLA), you will be seeing a lot of tertiary cases. Some feel this would make for a very interesting rotation and others feel like, in light of going into Psych, bread-and-butter cases in Medicine would be more useful.

watto

Sleek White Pantsuit
Oct 20, 2000
CA
Status (Visible)
It is only one month. You get plenty of bread and butter in your month of outpatient medicine (took Step III right after and was well prepared), one month of VA urgent care, and inpatient VA. Don't knock tertiary care--working with some of those complicated patients actually can have a lot to do with psychiatry, esp. in those with HIV, transplant issues, and the like.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.