Losing confidence :(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OPH4Life

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I am losing confidence as I am studying for mcat. Got 24 last time. Sent in apps in june this year with current score of 24 and trying to retake mcat. Any advice. 3.6/3.6 gpa great letters (1 from DO) good ecs. Just very anxious about cycle and whether I can get in somewhere this year, if I dont retake mcat

Members don't see this ad.

You'll have a shot at most places... a higher score is better, but you're not dead in the water

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all. I am losing confidence as I am studying for mcat. Got 24 last time. Sent in apps in june this year with current score of 24 and trying to retake mcat. Any advice. 3.6/3.6 gpa great letters (1 from DO) good ecs. Just very anxious about cycle and whether I can get in somewhere this year, if I dont retake mcat

The cycle just started, don't raise the white flag already!

What was the score breakdown and how much time do you have? With a 3.6 GPA it would appear as though you have a decent foundation, so what section(s) is/are holding you back? If it is Verbal I would suggest spending some time on Examkrackers VR passages and some AAMC practice tests. I went from 6 to 10 in a few months.

Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?

This Bible verse guided me as I went from a 23 to 34 on my MCAT. OP, losing confidence in yourself is fine. Let go. Only keep confidence in the love that brought you into this world, and you'll be fine.

Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?

This Bible verse guided me as I went from a 23 to 34 on my MCAT. OP, losing confidence in yourself is fine. Let go. Only keep confidence in the love that brought you into this world, and you'll be fine.

:thumbup:

Sent from my ADR6400L using SDN Mobile

Thank you so much. Needed a little time to regroup. 6vr 9 & 9 ps bs. I think the 6 in vr might hurt me so I am studying hard to bring it up. Hopefully it works