denty

dont eat yellow snow
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 20, 2004
Status
I went shopping the other day, and I realized that my wardrobe isn't very "professional friendly". I was thinking about how much everything would cost just to DRESS UP for dental school.
I totally envy the guys cause all you have to wear are alternating shirt and ties :mad:

Women have to get more things and it takes way more time! :( Im not looking forward to this!

Biogirl361

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2004
Visit site
Status
isn't a pair of khaki or black pants and some nice sweaters or blouses all we need?

airvent

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2004
Status
denty said:
Women have to get more things and it takes way more time! :( Im not looking forward to this!
Bullcrap!!! You love shopping and you know it. ;)

DB#1

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 26, 2004
Burlington, ONTARIO
Status
Everywhere that I interviewed students were wearing scrubs...
I dont understand what are you gonna dress up for. I thought that I would never get to wear my nice clothes again :)

edkNARF

A is A
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2003
Philadelphia
Status
Dental Student
Not only are scrubs comfortable, they are also VERY cheap.

SillyRabbit

Trix R 4 Kidz
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 9, 2003
NYC
Visit site
Status
We can wear basically whatever we want to lectures. Have to wear scrubs for anatomy lab, and a white coat for preclinic lab.

nnjh

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
SillyRabbit said:
We can wear basically whatever we want to lectures. Have to wear scrubs for anatomy lab, and a white coat for preclinic lab.
Hell even jeans became formal attire for me. Its srubs or sweatpants.

IWuvTeef

Dentist
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 9, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
Status
Dentist
i'm looking forward to wearing scrubs everyday. so comfy and cheap! dressy clothing is way too expensive, and i hate having to pick out outfits every morning. :D

PERFECT3435

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2003
Indianapolis
Visit site
Status
Dentist
whats a dress look? :laugh:

i do have some dress casual attire, which i get questioned on a lot everytime i wear them.

not only that scrubs are the most comfortable clothing ever made, it could help you out on the streets too. a classmate of mine got pulled over for speeding, but was let go immediately after he mentioned to the officer that he had to go to the hospital for his surgery rotation. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

true story! :D

Nendo21

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2004
Visit site
Status
PERFECT3435 said:
whats a dress look? :laugh:

i do have some dress casual attire, which i get questioned on a lot everytime i wear them.

not only that scrubs are the most comfortable clothing ever made, it could help you out on the streets too. a classmate of mine got pulled over for speeding, but was let go immediately after he mentioned to the officer that he had to go to the hospital for his surgery rotation. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

true story! :D
don't waste your money all you need is black pants and some shirts that you probably already have in your closet. scrubs are comfortable and they look so cute on plus i'm used to them from work...can't wait to be surrounded by guys in scrubs! :love:

vertical bite

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2005
Status
Nendo21 said:
don't waste your money all you need is black pants and some shirts that you probably already have in your closet. scrubs are comfortable and they look so cute on plus i'm used to them from work...can't wait to be surrounded by guys in scrubs! :love:

OMG I love this girl !!!

Pikeyman

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 19, 2005
Status
Girls, if I may:

Try Bikini tops and G-strings as your professional dental wardrobe.

Results:
Well, I'm sure I don't have to tell you girls what will happen.

Girls, just remember cleavages go a long way for guys.

vertical bite

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2005
Status
Pikeyman said:
Girls, if I may:

Try Bikini tops and G-strings as your professional dental wardrobe.

Results:
Well, I'm sure I don't have to tell you girls what will happen.

Girls, just remember cleavages go a long way for guys.

Pikeyman is my new friend !!!

rocknightmare

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 13, 2004
Status
Dental Student
a little makeup on a girl now and then to wake me up in lecture will go along way.. with some tempting outfit :)

Nendo21

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2004
Visit site
Status
rocknightmare said:
a little makeup on a girl now and then to wake me up in lecture will go along way.. with some tempting outfit :)

with the price tag of the dental education i don't think anyone can afford to fall asleep in lectures and only be awaken by the presence of a good looking male/female...of course that could be helpful too :D

PERFECT3435

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2003
Indianapolis
Visit site
Status
Dentist
Nendo21 said:
with the price tag of the dental education i don't think anyone can afford to fall asleep in lectures and only be awaken by the presence of a good looking male/female...of course that could be helpful too :D
ha ha,

you dont think anyone would fall asleep? :laugh: little that you know. just wait till you are in class getting a lecture on dental materials. on avg. about 25% of the people cought up on their sleep during those lectures. honestly, there were times that i couldnt count more than 20 paying attn to those lectures.

but dont take my word for it. you will experience it soon yourself. :D

DDS2BE

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 26, 2004
www.facebook.com
Status
Dentist
PERFECT3435 said:
ha ha,

you dont think anyone would fall asleep? :laugh: little that you know. just wait till you are in class getting a lecture on dental materials. on avg. about 25% of the people cought up on their sleep during those lectures. honestly, there were times that i couldnt count more than 20 paying attn to those lectures.

but dont take my word for it. you will experience it soon yourself. :D
If that's the case then how do you keep yourself from falling asleep? :D

PERFECT3435

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2003
Indianapolis
Visit site
Status
Dentist
DDS2BE said:
If that's the case then how do you keep yourself from falling asleep? :D

read my post again. we couldnt stay awake. you could stay awake if you are reading/posting on SDN or shopping on EBAY. now if you absolutely have to stay awake and pay attn, then there is always those shot of esspreso from starbucks. :laugh: