Losing hope...any advice please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premedstudent8888

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a rising senior in undergrad and have wanted to go to medical school for as long as I can remember. I come from an Indian-American family and the pressure is real but, medical school has really been my dream. I'm struggling in school right now and have a gpa of 3.31 after completing my junior year. I'm discouraged to pursue my dreams because I don't see a scenario where I can get into medical school. I really want to do a clinical gap year program before applying and gain more experience as well but I'm afraid it won't make a difference. I have been doing several years of research and work in a lab as well as participate in two clubs and volunteer in a hospital which is really rewarding. I would really appreciate any advice that I can get because I don't feel like I have anyone to turn to. Please, what should I do?

Members don't see this ad.

You could be competitive for DO schools if you can score at least 500 on the MCAT. You may have a chance for MD schools if you can raise your GPA during your senior year and score at least 508 on the MCAT.