Loss of appetite issues?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

projectplat

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently experiencing appetite issues. I hardly have any appetite and it is affecting my energy levels and my general ability to focus and study. It is difficult to do normal tasks and I force myself to go to the gym almost everyday for some release of endorphins, but feel like dying after the workout (mostly kickboxing , bag work). I used to drink a protein shake after, but cannot even stomach this anymore.

This has been going on for about 5 months. My psych says its not neurological. I visited a physician and he said it is most likely acid reflux disease. I take tagament which seems to help with the pain and acid levels, but it hasn't helped my appetite come back that much at all.

It really sucks because I used to be on a strict diet eating 6 meals per day with 1-2 workouts per day being the epitome of efficiency, productivity, and the like.

In the past few months I have increased the use of cannabis which has greatly helped with the appetite. However, I currently cannot resort to cannabis to assist with my appetite and need to study. I feel very frustrated that there are not other kinds of drugs available to people who have appetite issues. It is literally draining every ounce of energy out of me. I am dizzy at times and feel nauseous throughout much of the day as well. When I think about food I often feel a pang in my stomach and often times when I eat food I feel like I am going to vomit. I have resorted to mostly a liquid diet for nutrients but feel at times like going to the drug store and getting some sort of IV kit to administer to myself for nutrients.

Any feedback is welcome. Thanks. I just want to eat again.

I don't even know if this is the right place to post but saw a lot of smart people on here.

Members don't see this ad.

SDN is not for medical advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.