joyride

10+ Year Member
Dec 9, 2005
Boston
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
I'm trying to decide if I should even spend the time and effort to do externships and later apply to OMFS programs. My stats thus far:

NBDE I: 89
Class rank top 30%
GPA: 3.35
1 research study
a healthy amount of extracurriculars, and I plan on doing an externship for two weeks starting next week.

My real concern is whether or not I have a chance of getting interviews, right now I'm looking at 4 year programs. Once you have an interview, is it basically the interview itself (personality?) that increases the chances of matching? I havent heard much about match yet, but i guess you rank each program and they rank you, so does luck of matching and the interview play a major part in the admission process? Any light anybody can shed on this would be a great help and much appreciated.

_________
Tufts 08

rarm1

10+ Year Member
Dec 4, 2005
delaware
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
You always have a chance,,, externship help, OMS internships help, GPRs help... the better CV helps (ie the research you did)... leave all avenues open.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.