Lost in Orgo 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ysk1

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took Orgo 1 way back ago and don't have Orgo 1 notes anymore.
Now I'm taking Orgo 2 and throughout the class there are Orgo 1 reactions I don't remember.
Is there a website that neatly summerizes all the Orgo 1 reactions that will continue on to Orgo 2? (Except for SN1, SN2, E1, E2.. These are too easy.....)

Also, my Orgo 1 prof made Orgo 1 really easy. He talked really slowly, too. But now the Orgo 2 prof is completely different. He talks so fast and hops between different concepts and notes even before we attempted to understand them. If you had a really easy Orgo 1 and then a really hard, obscure Orgo 2, how do you do well? Many concepts, terms and most importantly the reactions and reagents that the current Orgo 2 prof is talking about weren't even taught by Orgo 1 prof who made Orgo 1 seem like a piece of cake. Now a majority of people in the current Orgo 2 class just took Orgo 1 from this current hard prof who made Orgo 1 as hard. Am I at a big disadvantage compared to them? They seem to be more prepared for this difficult Orgo 2 because they took harder Orgo 1 from this same Orgo 2 prof..

Members don't see this ad.

I took Orgo 1 way back ago and don't have Orgo 1 notes anymore.
Now I'm taking Orgo 2 and throughout the class there are Orgo 1 reactions I don't remember.
Is there a website that neatly summerizes all the Orgo 1 reactions that will continue on to Orgo 2? (Except for SN1, SN2, E1, E2.. These are too easy.....)

Also, my Orgo 1 prof made Orgo 1 really easy. He talked really slowly, too. But now the Orgo 2 prof is completely different. He talks so fast and hops between different concepts and notes even before we attempted to understand them. If you had a really easy Orgo 1 and then a really hard, obscure Orgo 2, how do you do well? Many concepts, terms and most importantly the reactions and reagents that the current Orgo 2 prof is talking about weren't even taught by Orgo 1 prof who made Orgo 1 seem like a piece of cake. Now a majority of people in the current Orgo 2 class just took Orgo 1 from this current hard prof who made Orgo 1 as hard. Am I at a big disadvantage compared to them? They seem to be more prepared for this difficult Orgo 2 because they took harder Orgo 1 from this same Orgo 2 prof..

A friend of mine that is prepharmacy bought Organic Chemistry for dummies and she said that it helps out A LOT. So maybe you should buy it from amazon and see how it goes. Only $20 and could be a gpa saver.

Hope this helps.