Lost in the Mail!??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FurmanJon

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had (or ever had) a transcript go MIA before making it to AMCAS? My very first transcript was sent in late June and it never made it; it should have arrived before the 7/4 holiday. I called AMCAS and the rep gave me a lackadaisical, ". . .should have I arrived I suppose. I guess just send another one." :eek::mad: I'm trying for an EDP deadline, and this will ensure that I don't make it.

My school confirms it was sent in June, with the request form, to AMCAS.

Is it possible AMCAS filed this under someone else with the same name? Ever heard of that happening? How would I find out? He said explicitly that there was no way to check. I couldn't believe this would be true. I know there's a ton of applicants with an even higher number of transcripts, but this seems pretty unfair.

Members don't see this ad.

Is it possible AMCAS filed this under someone else with the same name? Ever heard of that happening?
Extremely unlikely, because your AAMC ID was on the AMCAS form that was sent along with the transcript.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine was lost back in june! I sent one immediately after they told me it has been too long. Just got confirmation they received the new one yesterday....so now I am finally on my way. So definitely send a new one RUSH!

my transcript was lost in june... I emailed the amcas help address... they said it must have been lost in the mail. it was submitted (and confirmed) electronically

Mine was lost back in june! I sent one immediately after they told me it has been too long. Just got confirmation they received the new one yesterday....so now I am finally on my way. So definitely send a new one RUSH!

If you don't mind my asking, how long did it take between mailing your second transcript and AMCAS reporting that they received it?

I found out just today that one of my transcripts (received in May) is BLANK. I can't believe it. The school mailed a replacement transcript today, but I don't know how long it will take AMCAS to process/upload the transcript once it gets there.

So much for trying to get my AMCAS in early. <sigh>

I have been in two undergrad schools, and two post bacc programs, I have sent a total of 7 transcripts out.....you do the math....

i know someone who had started an AMCAS for the previous year (but didn't finish), and AMCAS accidentally filed the transcript with the previous year. it took her a month longer to get verified because of the confusion. so, if you have ever started an AMCAS previously, you should ask about that.

My transcripts were also lost. Sent 7/3 and arrived at who knows where. Though, I am starting to wonder if they were really "lost" and not horribly mishandled/thrown out. I bet the AMCAS employees get sick of scanning in thousands of transcripts.

yeah, my application is still being delayed because of this.....im not stressing too hard because I still need to take my MCAT's, but if I took them already, and this is all I was waiting on I would have picked up the transcript, and driven it to DC myself.