Lost Power for a week - resulted in slow secondary turnaround time (~2 weeks). E-mail admissions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KatsuCurry

MS3
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I live in New Jersey and lost power for almost a week. While I hoped to submit my secondaries ASAP, my turnaround time for a number of schools has been around 2 weeks (15 days for one school), including some of my top choices. Is it worth it to e-mail admissions to explain myself, or is turnaround time not really that important?

Members don't see this ad.

2 weeks is still pretty good, I wouldn't worry about it.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all,

I live in New Jersey and lost power for almost a week. While I hoped to submit my secondaries ASAP, my turnaround time for a number of schools has been around 2 weeks (15 days for one school), including some of my top choices. Is it worth it to e-mail admissions to explain myself, or is turnaround time not really that important?
Med schools are not like jealous prom dates, sitting around with a stop watch trying to time you to who responds the fastest for an invite.

Got accepted at a school where I let the secondary sit for 8 weeks. While I don’t advise this, it just goes to show it really isn’t used as a red flag like some people think. Don’t be neurotic