medseek1

10+ Year Member
Aug 5, 2005
Status (Visible)
Although I am fortunate enough to have an acceptance, I am waitlisted at 5 other schools which are higher on my list. I am out of school now and have plenty of free time. Most of that schools I am waitlisted at (Pitt, Case, Cincy, Ohio State) welcomed any updates to my file. I was just wondering how I could utilize the coming months to add valuable updates to my files at these schools. I am open to volunteering and research. I currently I live in Hartford,CT and it is hard to find research opportunities here. Any thoughts would be sincerely appreciated. Also I was just wondering what kind of activities would be appropriate to update.

Thanks in advance

xcrunner01

10+ Year Member
Jun 8, 2008
USA
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Well, if you could drive to a nearby college regularly for a research position, that would probably help a lot. Most profs. are pretty receptive to letting qualified and hard-working students work in their labs, at least for unpaid positions. Paid positions are a little harder to come by, obviously.

You could also go on a volunteering trip, like a medical mission trip to another country or build a house for Habitat for Humanity, etc.

You say you're out of school, so if you have time, get a full-time volunteering position doing something you really enjoy.

You could take a class next semester to show you're still motivated about learning and preparing for medical school.

Good luck!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.