Lots of anxiety about the process and would like help with a school list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Removedc

Reaction score
3.43 cGPA
3.34 sGPA
512 MCAT (taken in may 2017, studying to retake on April 4th because most schools only accept max 3 year old tests)
Bio/biochem BS
Graduated from undergraduate in 2018 and will be turning 25 during the 2021 cycle (so I think that puts me into the non-trad category)
Texas resident
roughly 1200 hours on the ambulance from work, 160 hours in the ED, 82 in the OR, and an additional 300 or so on the ambulance pretending to be a paramedic.
150 hours of volunteering (115 of which were in the VA healthcare system)
Leadership in undergrad (was on service committee)
I'm currently in a paramedic program which is where I've gotten most of my hospital hours, and admittedly I did this as a way to gain more meaningful exposure compared to being an EMT. I definitely feel like I've grown from being on the box and just interacting with patients.

I've looked at MSAR and whatnot but I would like some third party input into where I should legitimately be looking. Considering MD and DO programs alike.

Thanks for your time.

Members don't see this ad.

I would apply to every Texas school through TMDAS and pretty much every single DO school that doesn't have an overwhelming OOS preference.

For MD schools, I would just sort by GPA/MCAT ascending on MSAR and select schools that accept majority OOS students.

For a more specific school list, you should contact one of the adcom members here on SDN, such as Goro or Faha.

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

Kinda what I expected to hear, but I appreciate it none the less. Thank you!

3.43 cGPA
3.34 sGPA
512 MCAT (taken in may 2017, studying to retake on April 4th because most schools only accept max 3 year old tests)
Bio/biochem BS
Graduated from undergraduate in 2018 and will be turning 25 during the 2021 cycle (so I think that puts me into the non-trad category)
Texas resident
roughly 1200 hours on the ambulance from work, 160 hours in the ED, 82 in the OR, and an additional 300 or so on the ambulance pretending to be a paramedic.
150 hours of volunteering (115 of which were in the VA healthcare system)
Leadership in undergrad (was on service committee)
I'm currently in a paramedic program which is where I've gotten most of my hospital hours, and admittedly I did this as a way to gain more meaningful exposure compared to being an EMT. I definitely feel like I've grown from being on the box and just interacting with patients.

I've looked at MSAR and whatnot but I would like some third party input into where I should legitimately be looking. Considering MD and DO programs alike.

Thanks for your time.
The TX residency AND the low GPAs put OOS MD schools off the table. You have to try the TX schools, but I'm not sanguine about your chances there.

You're fine for any DO school, including mine. Obviously, chances will be best at UIW and TCOM.