Lots of material, where should I begin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eagerinsight

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm taking the test in June, over the holiday I was given a lot of MCAT prep material. I have the all new MCAT Pearls, Complete Exam Krackers study package, Exam Krackers 1001 questions for each subject, Old and New Barron's, Kaplan Book and Kaplan Flash Cards.

I have no idea where to start, my friends tell me to start with EK's then Kaplan then Pearls. Should I review all the concepts answer some practice questions along with each review, then take many full length practice tests?

I have a full semester to study, I have purposely scheduled easy gen. ed. courses so I can devote my attention towards MCAT prep.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm taking the test in June, over the holiday I was given a lot of MCAT prep material. I have the all new MCAT Pearls, Complete Exam Krackers study package, Exam Krackers 1001 questions for each subject, Old and New Barron's, Kaplan Book and Kaplan Flash Cards.

I have no idea where to start, my friends tell me to start with EK's then Kaplan then Pearls. Should I review all the concepts answer some practice questions along with each review, then take many full length practice tests?

I have a full semester to study, I have purposely scheduled easy gen. ed. courses so I can devote my attention towards MCAT prep.

I'd use EK first and last. Take as many CBT FL's as possible, but be sure to review them IN DEPTH (and return to study materials for anything you don't understand frequently!)

Try to follow and organized routine. The EK books are split into lectures and I believe the Kaplan books also follow a lecture schedule. If you have a set schedule of studying you won't get bogged down on some material and will be able to get through everything.

you have too much material and once you start studying you will likely realize that. You have a while till the test, start with the EK study plan and work through it. For things you feel you need to study more maybe look over it in the Kaplan books. Doing one set of books and then doing another set of books is very low yield and you're likely to go through the second ones saying "oh I know this already" and skimming/not studying for the stuff you don't know as well. Go through the EK schedule, supplement your weaknesses with the Kaplan, and take as many tests and practice problems as you possibly can because that's the best way for you to learn once you've studied through it once.