Louisiana State University c/o 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sunshine in a Storm

c/o 2024
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
OOS applicant. 3rd year applying. 1st time to LSU. Who else is applying this year?

Members don't see this ad.

Applying! I had concerns about being transgender and I talked to them through an email. They immediately emailed me on a sunday to set up a phone conversation with me. LSU left a great impression on me and id be proud to be a Tiger even if im a former Gator :)

Reactions: 1 users
Ok so the SSN email thing, does that have to be before/by sept 17th....because lord I'm trying to get mine done as complete and accurate as possible by the first week of september to give a 7-10 days for processing.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Ok so the SSN email thing, does that have to be before/by sept 17th....because lord I'm trying to get mine done as complete and accurate as possible by the first week of september to give a 7-10 days for processing.

I'm wondering this too. From this link Dvmadmissionsinfo it looks like the $100 fee is paid through the portal where the SSN thing is. And also from VMCAS "You will be sent a secure link that is unique to you once your application fully verified by VMCAS and is going through LSU SVM internal processing." Internal processing meaning after they've downloaded our applications from VMCAS? Which would be after Sept. 17? Sorry, all this rambling to say that I'm confused too and will call on Monday if you haven't called already :)

So last year I applied as a Puerto Rican resident and was given an interview and waitlisted. I just moved to Atlanta recently and was thinking of applying as a Georgia Resident (to up my chances at UGA). Do you think applying as simply out of state to LSU and not as a Puerto Rican resident lowers my chances? Or does my waitlist status for this class help my case? Do they tend to accept a lot of people who have been waitlisted in previous years?

Yikes well im just under on my last 45..my required is a 3.47 and my gre is 1 point lower than average. :/ for oos they only take the top people so im probably out.

Yikes well im just under on my last 45..my required is a 3.47 and my gre is 1 point lower than average. :/ for oos they only take the top people so im probably out.

It ain’t over til the fat lady sings!

I am the same! 3.67 last 45 and 3.45 req... I got a 318 on the GRE but idk how they weigh all of this...

Interviews and Folder Reviews This page says top 2-300 then it says 150, does anyone know which? Also does anyone know how they weigh the two GPAs and the GRE when determining top OOS?

Edit: found the weighing information, it is here: Applicant Selection

Edit part 2: Actually that was for overall selection, but I am assuming it is similar proportions for OOS selective for folder review :(

Kicking myself because I have a lot of great science classes that I took that I earned an A- in. They will only factor in A or above. Ugh.....

I really like LSU. As a transgender man they took the time to call me and tell me how they were making LSU a lgbt friendly campus. Their application reflects this. They also gave me great advice on my application. I really hope something makes me stand out enough to get a review OOS.

Reactions: 3 users
I really like LSU. As a transgender man they took the time to call me and tell me how they were making LSU a lgbt friendly campus. Their application reflects this. They also gave me great advice on my application. I really hope something makes me stand out enough to get a review OOS.

I hope you get in too and that your classmates/professors/everyone is very kind and accepting. Rooting for you!

1st time applicant IS. have you all received the log in for the portal thing yet? Also for this worrying for OOS I know a few vet students there who told me they have classmates who got in with a 3.4 req course gpa. (I’m not sure if they were pulled off waitlist or not)

Members don't see this ad :)
1st time applicant IS. have you all received the log in for the portal thing yet? Also for this worrying for OOS I know a few vet students there who told me they have classmates who got in with a 3.4 req course gpa. (I’m not sure if they were pulled off waitlist or not)

I submitted 8/19 and received an email with the link on 8/23. Here’s the link, though if you haven’t received an email you may not be in their system yet.

I submitted 8/19 and received an email with the link on 8/23. Here’s the link, though if you haven’t received an email you may not be in their system yet.
Yeah I also submitted over the weekend so I figured it’d take some time! Thank you!

Has anyone figured out if they do OOS interviews or not? Many sources say just for Louisiana and Arkansas residents but the status check system said OOS applicants can get interviews... its possible they changed it this year but I was wondering if anyone knew?

Has anyone figured out if they do OOS interviews or not? Many sources say just for Louisiana and Arkansas residents but the status check system said OOS applicants can get interviews... its possible they changed it this year but I was wondering if anyone knew?

Per their website:
A certain number of qualified applicants may be invited to interview from each applicant pool (Louisiana, Arkansas, and Puerto Rico residents). In the past, roughly the top two-thirds of eligible Louisiana, Arkansas, and Puerto Rico applicants are interviewed. However, the Admissions Committee reserves the right to decide annually whether or not it will conduct applicant interviews. Applicants will be notified before the end of October whether or not interviews will take place.

I think it’s unlikely that out-of-staters will be interviewed but it sounds like we should find out for sure in October :)

I emailed them about 2 weeks ago and they said they don't interview OOS because it's too expensive to have people fly out just for one day.

Reactions: 3 users
Hey, OOS KY applicant with 3.93 gpa, 3.87 science, and 305 GRE (153V, 152Q). Hoping to be considered! Website says that pre-requisite reviews should be beginning from October through November, with decisions no earlier than 1st of December. Has anyone made it to folder review/pre-req check yet? Last cycle, according to SDN, was around 11 November. This is my first time applying.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using SDN mobile

I got my email yesterday from LSU asking for my address, Social security number, etc for extra info they needed. Did anyone else get that?

Everyone who applied will get it. Also if you haven’t gotten it yet don’t stress they are working through the apps. My friend who submitted weeks before me got hers weeks after me. Lsu said they aren’t even half through them yet!

Everyone who applied will get it. Also if you haven’t gotten it yet don’t stress they are working through the apps. My friend who submitted weeks before me got hers weeks after me. Lsu said they aren’t even half through them yet!

Working through as in reviewing them and doing the rankings and what not to determine admittance/interview offers?

Working through as in reviewing them and doing the rankings and what not to determine admittance/interview offers?
No more like processing. They may do initial ranks at the same time, I’m not sure

No more like processing. They may do initial ranks at the same time, I’m not sure

Per the portal it says “Once all applicant GPAs are completed, the LSU SVM Admissions Office runs its initial rankings to determine which applicants move on to the folder review process.”

For people who are reapplying they just use the one from the previous application, so those people won't get the SSN email.

Is everyone's current status on the portal: application still being processed? Just wondering if anyone has something else under their status?

Is everyone's current status on the portal: application still being processed? Just wondering if anyone has something else under their status?

Yep!

Mine moved to “ under folder review” I’m instate

I scrolled through LSU’s 2023 thread and it looked like out-of-staters didn’t get moved to folder review until early November. I wonder if they’re moving fast this cycle or if in-staters get reviewed first?

My application got updated with GPA and GRE data, but it has not moved into official review nor have I been given a rank. This happened yesterday around 4 pm.

I scrolled through LSU’s 2023 thread and it looked like out-of-staters didn’t get moved to folder review until early November. I wonder if they’re moving fast this cycle or if in-staters get reviewed first?
My guess is that because they actually interview the in state applicants they are doing all of them first in order to get interview invites and scheduling done!

I'm in folder review! OOS!

What are your GPAs and GRE scores, if you don't mind me asking?
Last 45: 3.88
Required Course: 3.92
GRE: 305 153 (v)/152 (q)

I am very transparent so I don't mind at all!

Do you have any required courses left? I don't have any left.

I have one left - physics I, which I’m taking currently. Though I did take it 10+ years ago, which most schools consider “expired”, because you know, basic physics is constantly evolving :p

• Haha
I asked how many OOS applicants make it to folder review, and this is what she told me. Looks like they are only taking 100 students for folder review this year.
Screenshot_20191021-100530.png

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
As fast as they are moving, I wonder if we will hear final decisions earlier in December?

As fast as they are moving, I wonder if we will hear final decisions earlier in December?

Maybe! To be fair the ranking was probably mostly automatic because it was just math and this will take longer

oof well im out. Mine
GRE Score (Highest Total Combined Percentile)Last 45 Credit Hour GPARequired Course GPA
Date: 0017-08-09
156 (v) / 148 (q)
304 (total)

oof well im out. Mine
GRE Score (Highest Total Combined Percentile)Last 45 Credit Hour GPARequired Course GPA
156 (v) / 148 (q)
304 (total)

I’m still waiting for them to change anything on my portal, but I’m nervous now because my GRE is slightly lower than yours, but my GPAs are higher. Ughhhh I hate waiting

I’m sorry you’re out though:( wishing luck for you at the other schools you applied (if any)

oof well im out. Mine
156 (v) / 148 (q)
304 (total)
I made folder review (OOS) and my GPA is worse (3.79 last 45, 3.35 required), GRE was 319. So everyone else unless you see it in the portal, keep hope!