Louisiana State University c/o 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
do OOS have interviews also or just IS

Members don't see this ad.

My friends status disappeared, what does that mean?

Reactions: 1 user
My friends status disappeared, what does that mean?

Mine is also gone, so that’s weird. It still says my GRE and GPA are being processed... hopefully the status being blank isn’t a bad sign

Members don't see this ad :)
do OOS have interviews also or just IS

As far as I know, just in state. Another person commented way earlier in the thread they had emailed to ask and they said they wouldn’t be conducting OOS interviews because they didn’t want those applicants to have to pay for travel costs

Last edited:
Mine is also gone, so that’s weird. It still says my GRE and GPA are being processed... hopefully the status being blank isn’t a bad sign
I would call and ask tomorrow. I found it interesting that the portal was updated at 10 am this morning, when all other business days were updated around 4:15 pm. It may be a system failure, could be something else entirely.

I would call and ask tomorrow. I found it interesting that the portal was updated at 10 am this morning, when all other business days were updated around 4:15 pm. It may be a system failure, could be something else entirely.

My status didn’t change, did yours?

Okay I’ll call in the am. Really hoping it’s a system failure or something, especially since nothing else was changed and my gpa/gre is still being processed

Hey guys I found out why some of us don’t have a current status! The woman I talked to (I forgot her name I feel so bad) said that they have added a new status this year, it’s called academic and holistic review, where the dean views OOS applicants in a holistic view instead of just grades, and afterwards we will move on to the other categories. She said it was good to hear that we aren’t seeing that on our end, as it’s a new status so they will try and take care of that issue so it doesn’t cause others (like me!!!) to stress too much

Hey guys I found out why some of us don’t have a current status! The woman I talked to (I forgot her name I feel so bad) said that they have added a new status this year, it’s called academic and holistic review, where the dean views OOS applicants in a holistic view instead of just grades, and afterwards we will move on to the other categories. She said it was good to hear that we aren’t seeing that on our end, as it’s a new status so they will try and take care of that issue so it doesn’t cause others (like me!!!) to stress too much
Did she mention how those apps are chosen to review holistically or is it all OOS? I have a blank status as well. A few days ago it changed to say my GPA and GRE were calculated but those numbers had actually been there for about a week before the status went blank.

Did she mention how those apps are chosen to review holistically or is it all OOS? I have a blank status as well. A few days ago it changed to say my GPA and GRE were calculated but those numbers had actually been there for about a week before the status went blank.

Oh man, unfortunately I did not ask that! She had just said it was something new they were implementing for OOS applicants this year, I assumed it was all of us! She was really nice, I can give the phone number if you wanted to call and see!

Oh man, unfortunately I did not ask that! She had just said it was something new they were implementing for OOS applicants this year, I assumed it was all of us! She was really nice, I can give the phone number if you wanted to call and see!
Well it looks like a few OOS people already got moved to the review parts and their portal says that. My GPA was a good bit lower than theirs so hopefully I’m in the holistic review as well since mine is blank! I’m too chicken to call haha, don’t want to hear bad news over the phone if that isn’t the case! I’ll just continue to wait and try to be positive, thank you for offering and for making the call!

Reactions: 1 users
I made folder review (OOS) and my GPA is worse (3.79 last 45, 3.35 required), GRE was 319. So everyone else unless you see it in the portal, keep hope!
im not out just feel like I am but holding out hope. My status still says being processed?

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m still waiting for them to change anything on my portal, but I’m nervous now because my GRE is slightly lower than yours, but my GPAs are higher. Ughhhh I hate waiting

I’m sorry you’re out though:( wishing luck for you at the other schools you applied (if any)
Not out but my status says still being processed:/ It hasn't changed at all but everything is in.

Last edited:
Not out but my status says still being processed:/ It hasn't changed at all but everything is in.

Glad to hear you’re still in! Don’t give up hope yet! My GPA/GRE still haven’t been added so I’ve been checking multiple times a day like a mad woman

Apparently they can see how much people log in the record is 1300 times.

is *application still processing
a status or is it akin to the blanks

Apparently they can see how much people log in the record is 1300 times.

is *application still processing
a status or is it akin to the blanks
Mine actually changed the last time they updated it. It went from blank to “application still being processed” and that my GPA and GRE scores have been calculated. I guess the call from @Rayprevet prompted them to fix the blanks??

Mine actually changed the last time they updated it. It went from blank to “application still being processed” and that my GPA and GRE scores have been calculated. I guess the call from @Rayprevet prompted them to fix the blanks??
LSU giving us heart attacks. This is my second real time applying but I'm holding out hope.

That’s so funny, mine changed to the same thing it has * application still being processed now instead. I know we have to wait, but I really want them to upload all my stuff! I want to see if I calculated my GPA and all that right. I know we’re supposed to enjoy the process, but it’s so hard!

That’s so funny, mine changed to the same thing it has * application still being processed now instead. I know we have to wait, but I really want them to upload all my stuff! I want to see if I calculated my GPA and all that right. I know we’re supposed to enjoy the process, but it’s so hard!
Haha, I’m giving you the credit! I wonder why yours hasn’t been calculated, I submitted the last day (major procrastinator over here) and mines been calculated since sometime last week.

Haha, I’m giving you the credit! I wonder why yours hasn’t been calculated, I submitted the last day (major procrastinator over here) and mines been calculated since sometime last week.
I submitted 9/13, so a little later than some but not the last day! Idk, hopefully by the end of week I'll see some updates!

since OOS dont get interviews do we not know when we get in till later on or does the end of october date apply to us

since OOS dont get interviews do we not know when we get in till later on or does the end of october date apply to us

Last year they sent OOS acceptances on 12/17 (or rather, portals were updated ... no idea if they sent emails or called)

My gpa and GRE finally got uploaded! However, does anyone know if they are supposed to take the higher score from each test we took? For example, I took the GRE twice and got a higher verbal score the second time, but one point lower for quant than the first time. I was under the impression they would take my higher quant score and my higher verbal and combine them. Is that not the case? They only have my most recent test uploaded, so my score is one point lower than I thought it would be

The good thing is the calculated GPAs they have are higher than what I had calculated! So I’m happy with that

My gpa and GRE finally got uploaded! However, does anyone know if they are supposed to take the higher score from each test we took? For example, I took the GRE twice and got a higher verbal score the second time, but one point lower for quant than the first time. I was under the impression they would take my higher quant score and my higher verbal and combine them. Is that not the case? They only have my most recent test uploaded, so my score is one point lower than I thought it would be

The good thing is the calculated GPAs they have are higher than what I had calculated! So I’m happy with that

I just reread the portal and it says highest combined total percentile, so them taking my second test makes sense because that was my higher combined lol. Thankfully some of the other schools I applied to will take the higher score from each test but atleast it’s a point different. The GRE is definitely my weakest part of my application, I really hope my GPA can make up for it enough to make it to folder review

OOS / International
Last 45: 3.91
Required Course: 3.74
GRE: 154 (v) 158(q) 312 (total)

My portal says no updates since Tuesday at 4:15 pm.. weird

Still under review.

“As an Out-of-State applicant, you have not qualified for a faculty "folder review" of your full application as a Top Applicant. At this time, you are under Administrative Holistic Review. This means that an SVM administrator is reviewing your experiences, evaluations, and essays to determine whether you should be promoted to the faculty for an official "folder review." We appreciate your continued patience.”

Updated as of today at 2:59 pm

OOS. Still at folder review, have been since October 21st (which is not long at all but feels like forever).

“As an Out-of-State applicant, you have not qualified for a faculty "folder review" of your full application as a Top Applicant. At this time, you are under Administrative Holistic Review. This means that an SVM administrator is reviewing your experiences, evaluations, and essays to determine whether you should be promoted to the faculty for an official "folder review." We appreciate your continued patience.”

Hope is not lost yet! At least there is someone that gets to look at your application and you're not only being judged on your grades and GRE. Fingers crossed for you!

Hope is not lost yet! At least there is someone that gets to look at your application and you're not only being judged on your grades and GRE. Fingers crossed for you!

Thank you! I’m blaming it on my GRE it’s definitely not the strongest part of my application, but my GPAs are about the same as the average for the classes the past few years so I’m hoping with them considering my experiences and evaluations and such they’ll decide to look past my AWFUL quant score

OOS. Still at folder review, have been since October 21st (which is not long at all but feels like forever).

Same. I don’t believe it will change until mid-December if they’re following the same timeline as last year.

I got the same thing. Twins!

Hopefully they will have all holistic applicants in review soon! I hope we will hear earlier in December about offers!
Same. I don’t believe it will change until mid-December if they’re following the same timeline as last year.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using SDN mobile

I'm in the same boat! its totally my GRE score lol. Good luck though! I hope we both make it to folder review :)

Reactions: 2 users
Same on the holistic review im holding out hope that my hours, my diversity, and my determination get me through. I knew I wasnt top though because of my prerequisite courses being lower.

Thank you! I’m blaming it on my GRE it’s definitely not the strongest part of my application, but my GPAs are about the same as the average for the classes the past few years so I’m hoping with them considering my experiences and evaluations and such they’ll decide to look past my AWFUL quant score
same like I was a 305 vs a 309 average for oos but the pool is competitive this year.

I made folder review (OOS) and my GPA is worse (3.79 last 45, 3.35 required), GRE was 319. So everyone else unless you see it in the portal, keep hope!
I think your GRE really helped you overcome the required being lower. Mine was a tinge above but my GRE was a 304

I think your GRE really helped you overcome the required being lower. Mine was a tinge above but my GRE was a 304
It’s crazy to me that that’s what makes a difference- I fully believe standardized testing like the GRE is BS.
Fingers crossed for your holistic review!

Yeah I have 3.62 last 45, 3.83 required but a 300 GRE. I hated that test, but after taking it twice I couldn’t make myself spend another $205. If they can see my diversity in college, experiences, essays, etc, I really feel like it makes up for a GRE score that isn’t in the 90th percentile. I don’t believe the GRE is a good reflection of an otherwise rounded out candidate (though I’m not knocking those of who you did score really well, I’m proud of you guys! And slightly envious)

My portal still says the same thing. I wonder how long till those of us in holistic review find out if we made it to a full folder review or not!

Current 1st year at LSU if anyone has questions about the program!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile