Louisiana

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrHope30

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone applying to Louisiana medical schools not including Tulane?

Members don't see this ad.

yup, i'm a good ole cajun guy myself. i applied to tulane and LSU-NO. what's up?

have you heard from either?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello there,

I interviewed at LSU-NO on 10/24 and have had no action taken on my file. A woman who interviewed with me said that Dr. McCluggage (whatever his name is) had told her that the majority of students who interview in the fall will not receive any definitive action until the big review session of the admissions committee in January. That was a mouthful.

They also told us that they were running way behind schedule in contacting people for interviews. I don't know if they are still running behind.

If you have any questions, just give them a call. They are very nice.

Good luck!

drhope:
i'm withdrawing from both schools before my interviews. I didn't really want to go back home for school anyways.

good luck!

Hi DrHope

I interviewed at LSU-NO on 10/23. I was told that the board meets every third Friday and that 10/26 was such a date. I received my acceptance letter on the first of November. So, you can just figure out from then the next time the board will meet after your interview. I was also told, just as Sugar said, that most will have no action taken until more applicants are interviewed but that after each board meeting all interviewed applicants during that three week period would receive notification of their current status (accepted, no-action, rejected).

Good luck,

Thanks for the information....Got my interview in a few days, Dec. 11, so I will see how it goes.

Hey Asclipio, why are you turning down your admission?
Tbone, why are you withdrawing your application?
Can any of you tell me about the experience, what to expect and the type questions that were asked?
Thanks in advance!

Oops, small misunderstanding. I did not turn down my acceptance for LSU. I was most impressed with the school and it is my first choice. Send me an email if you want particulars concerning my interview experience.

What's your email?