Louisville Pros and Cons?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RU1992

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. For current students or people familiar with Louisville, I'd really love to hear your feedback on what you like about the dental school and what you don't. How is the clinical experience, mainly do most students start practicing after finishing? Or do most students feel not confident enough to practice? I really want your take on this as I'm debating between this school (which is far from home) and Boston, which is a lot closer and seems to come with some negative feedback as of lately but has a larger name here on the East Coast. Thanks again!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey I am a D2 so I can't speak for clinical stuff yet. But one huge pro is the school is very nice and majority of faculty are awesome. There are plenty more pros but those are the two main ones.
The one downside/con that I have realized is the subjective grading in courses where you have actual dental projects, preps, etc. This is where its luck of the draw with who you get and if they like the work you have done.

Also another con is having an entire year of general pathology which makes second year a drag. We will still have a semester of oral pathology in the third year.
However, take in to account the school that will be the least expensive over the four years you are there. Factor in living and tuition. This should be the #1 factor

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, that's what I'm trying to base it off of. Thanks!

Hi do you think i can do well on the DAT's by only getting the

"Ultimate package" by CRACK THE PAT?

AND chads videos plus the Cliffs ap bio book and DAT DESTROYER

Only? Haha. That's all you should need for the DAT (assuming you can do okay in math by yourself)

Louisville has the best facilities and people. Period.