Louisville (ULSOM) vs. Toledo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nackbaxster14

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am torn between two schools: University of Toledo and University of Louisville. I loved everything about Louisville and I was "meh" about Toledo. However, I'm an Ohio resident and Louisville will cost me roughly double than Toledo. So I need help in two areas: 1) determining if cost should outweigh my gut 2) the pros and cons of each school that I may know or (probably) missed while as was there. All advice is welcome.

P.S. I have a new wife and safety is very important to us. Toledo's crime rate is over double the national average so that's a big factor to us. If we go to Toledo we may end up moving a town over and taking out more $ to pay for the rent. In that scenario, the cost of Toledo would be more than half of Louisville.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

That's weird Klondike because I'm looking online and Toledo has a higher violent crime rate than Chicago and is in the bottom 5% for the safest U.S. cities. I know it's a lot less people but still...

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I'm curious as to which one you chose? I'm also an Ohio resident and U of L is my top choice, and I'm currently not so patiently sitting on the waiting list haha

Hi everyone,

I am torn between two schools: University of Toledo and University of Louisville. I loved everything about Louisville and I was "meh" about Toledo. However, I'm an Ohio resident and Louisville will cost me roughly double than Toledo. So I need help in two areas: 1) determining if cost should outweigh my gut 2) the pros and cons of each school that I may know or (probably) missed while as was there. All advice is welcome.

P.S. I have a new wife and safety is very important to us. Toledo's crime rate is over double the national average so that's a big factor to us. If we go to Toledo we may end up moving a town over and taking out more $ to pay for the rent. In that scenario, the cost of Toledo would be more than half of Louisville.

Thanks

The UTMC area is not dangerous. You could drive 10 minutes to Perrysburg which is a very upscale community with great schools, or about 15 minutes to Ottawa Hills which has a top 5 school system in Ohio.

Reactions: 1 user
If you have literally the most basic grasp of common sense you will be fine in Toledo.

Reactions: 1 user