love destroyer, but too much

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Xtian

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm really loving the destroyer, but for those that took the exam, do I really need to know the significance of intercalated disks or the kinetochore? Is this stuff really in the DAT?

Xtian

Members don't see this ad.

Bio is fairly broad, there are some questions that are out there and it wouldn't hurt to know. Could be a difference between a 19 and 21.

Know everything in that book. Like PHUNGY said, it really can make or brake you knowing one little detail. Take your time and youll be fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
I didnt use the infamous Destroyer so I cant comment on that portion. But learn as much as you can, and go into the exam aiming for a 30/30/30. Dont neglect any portion of exam and prepare for each.

On a sidenote, I see people complaining about FRAP all the time. Just read up on the subject and you have nothing to worry about!

Yes the details are important and this is the reason destroyer is great. The details are just a few hundred outa the many thousand youll read other places but they are focused onto whats important for the DAT. Im not saying everything int he book ill be on your test but it could

I'm really loving the destroyer, but for those that took the exam, do I really need to know the significance of intercalated disks or the kinetochore? Is this stuff really in the DAT?

Xtian

I actually think kinetochore would be something that shows up! Bio is random and that is why lol you never know what's gonna be on there. Trust me, knowing more than you need to never hurts!

Can someone post that kinetochore question: I am curious to know if I could get it...Thanks in advance.

which structure allows spindle microtubules to becomes attached?

....you can actually reason it out because none of the other selections make sense, but i'd never heard of them before.

explanation... kinetochore are specialized group of proteins and DNA contained by the chromatid to which spindle microtubules become attached. kinetochores of sister chromatids are pulled to the opposite poles during metaphase. migration is possible because of the binding of one or more spindle fiber to the kinetochore found within the centromere of the chromosome