1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

lovell place?

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by cet, Jul 6, 2000.

1. cet

cet Member
    10+ Year Member

i have two dogs and am trying to find a place in erie that takes them. i havent seen this place but i read this on the internet:

"Several state agencies, including the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare, are current or future tenants at Lovell Place"

VERY SCARY. not going to live there. i need help! does anyone know if modern tool isnt scary?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DocToad

DocToad Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Hey Cet,

I will be an MSI at LECOM this fall, and my wife and I are from Erie. In fact, our first apartment was in Modern Tool Square. If we did not have kids, that is where we would be living. It is mostly young, upperclass professionals(atleast it was 5 yrs ago), and the interiors are GREAT. Have you checked out Landmark Square or Baldwin Bros? If you have anymore questions about the Erie area, let me know. You can email me or post. My email is [email protected] See you in a few weeks!!!

------------------
    DocToad

4. Howdy

Howdy Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Actually, if you are interested in a two-bedroom apartment, I think you should be able to find a place from the information LECOM sent. However, the only one-bedroom apartments that I know of in Erie that allow pets, and has central heat/air, are Lovell Place and Modern Tool. I checked them both out. Lovell Place Phase II is brand new, closer to campus (5 miles and takes about 20 minutes in morning traffic), and parking is not a problem. Also, approximately 20 people from the class of 2004 are moving in for the fall semester. Modern Tool is farther from campus, 12 years old (going on 20 - poorly maintained due to all the money from Signature Management Group being dumped into their new apartments - Lovell Place), farther from campus (8 to 9 miles and would take approximately 30 minutes in morning traffic), and you are on your own for parking (on the streets of Erie instead of a lot - typically with a meter).
    I live in Lovell Place and am not saying it is perfect - the walls are extremely thin, it is next to a railroad track, the parking lots have nonexistent lighting, and it is extremely difficult to receive a package from the post office. Also, it is more of a dorm existence due to the large number of Gannon University students that live here. Good Luck on your search.

5. cet

cet Member
    10+ Year Member

i dont care if it is one bedroom or two, just that it takes two dogs. baldwin bros say they will only take one dog in their houses/apts. i called each place in the packet LECOM sent and found one place far away in millcreek....two bedroom townhouse for 700/month that takes dogs and no backyard. a little more than i wanted to spend tho, especially without a private yard. not really looking for a dorm like atmosphere either.

can anyone tell me in which parts of town i DONT want to live? i would prefer being near school. but if you say for example dont live from peach to french, 13 to 23rd that will help.

thank you all. it is tough finding homes for the three of us and any bit sure helps [​IMG]

6. Howdy

Howdy Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

I think your best bet would be to go w/ a small house. A friend of mine is renting a small house for $350 a month, which is less than I pay for rent on a one-bedroom apartment. Sorry, can't really help on the bad part of town stuff - not familiar enough w/ Erie. Good luck on your search.

7. DocGibby

DocGibby Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Howdy,

If your still checking the boards, join me in the chatroom.

later

8. DocGibby

DocGibby Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Cancel that. Looks like the the chatroom crashed. Oh well, perhaps another time.