Low DAT score Howard / Meharry Acceptance class 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hershey.jj

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I scored a 16 AA on my DAT and I have a 3.33 GPA. I do work full time and have many extracurricular actives as well as shadowing hours. I plan to retake the DAT in spring. In your opinion is that even worth applying?

Members don't see this ad.

You have plenty of time to retake before then, why not do so? Maybe study during winter break when you don't have classes? Your GPA is decent but a 16AA is just too low.

You have plenty of time to retake before then, why not do so? Maybe study during winter break when you don't have classes? Your GPA is decent but a 16AA is just too low.

Also it's much too late to apply this cycle.

Members don't see this ad :)
Even though the deadline doesn't close until jan 15

Dogbrows means that it's very late in the cycle and your chances of acceptance would be very low right now. Your DAT score would give you a slim to none chance unless you cured tooth cancer.

Reactions: 1 user

what you need to be wary of is the possibility that their application deadline is an actual cutoff for complete files with no updates. in other words, you might get your app in to these schools before 1/15 with your current test scores, but they may not entertain any update from you with regards to a spring retake.

best to reach out to them directly.

Reactions: 1 user
You sound like a great candidate for both schools. I would apply ASAP!

what you need to be wary of is the possibility that their application deadline is an actual cutoff for complete files with no updates. in other words, you might get your app in to these schools before 1/15 with your current test scores, but they may not entertain any update from you with regards to a spring retake.

best to reach out to them directly.
thanks for the response

I wouldn't waste the money for this cycle, spend it on a DAT retake

I scored a 16 AA on my DAT and I have a 3.33 GPA. I do work full time and have many extracurricular actives as well as shadowing hours. I plan to retake the DAT in spring. In your opinion is that even worth applying?
Have you gotten any interviews or have you been accepted since then?

Dayum. Dead thread walking.

Reactions: 1 users