Low Diagnostic :( Need some motivation please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrMula

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a bio major junior entering the spring semester in a week...and I'm registered to take the MCAT March 22...(I may change the date if I'm not hitting my desired scores on practice tests)

My first diagnostic was a lowly 19 PS:6 V:7 B:7 :( b/c of my short time frame I'm using a linear study approach...content (mostly EK...its quicker I think) --> practice passages (variety)--> FL practice exams (variety)-->MCAT.

I'm shooting for a 35 and praying for a 30+, but my diagnostic is so low I don't see myself getting a 30 :( I'm not a genius or anything but I work my butt off-and I want it sooo bad...I wake up and think about the MCAT, I sleep and think about the MCAT!

I'm still not done with my content review so I haven't touched another FL exam (besides the diagnostic) and I'm not sure where I stand now... Has anyone increased their scores by that much? Have any motivation?

Much thanks, and good luck to my fellow MCAT comrades!

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly, don't worry too much about the diagnostic. Use it as a tool to direct your studying. There are people who score way higher than their diagnostic, and people who end up scoring right around it. It all depends on how much you study/practice. Your scores in the PS and BS simply show that you don't know/ remember a lot of the material. Review the material, practice doing passages/full length tests, and you should see your score go up.

So aim for that 35+ and get to work! Good luck!