1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Low fare flights

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Jalby, Sep 7, 2001.

1. Jalby

Jalby I fight crime at day when Batman are sleeping.
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    I just got an E-mail today from southwest airlines that they are having a special on all of their flights. Everything is only 89$ if you buy it before Sept 17. (one-way trips) Scoob, I'm sorry you didn't know about this a few days ago when you were making all of your flights. The rest of you guys, if you feel a huge debt of gratitude because I just saved you tons of money, feel free to mail your checks or cash to:

Josh Albrektson
    3767 Mentone Ave #114
    Los Angeles, CA 90034

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo IEatShavedPussyCats
    10+ Year Member

Yea,
    I got the email too...freaking stupid ass airlines!
    I could have gotten one for 100, 230, and then probably another connecting flight for about 200...I would have only saved maybe 100 bucks. Oh well....screw me!

4. DNALadder2002

DNALadder2002 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

5. Ai

Ai Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

orbitz is good too :)

6. Scooby Doo

10+ Year Member

I did orbitz...hotwire and priceline don't allow you to specify times..and those are very important to me since I don't want to be doing redeye or miss my interviews.

7. moo

moo 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

ANyone out there who's applying to one or more NY area schools and trying to group the interviews together? Can this be done to save time and $$$?

8. Scooby Doo

10+ Year Member

Yes,
    I have done it and I plan to go at the end of October.
    I already booked my plane tickets. I am going to New york on thursday and catching a flight once I get to new york to Pittsburgh. I will do pittsburgh on friday and then fly back to New york on Sunday afternoon.
    I then stay in NYC for the whole next week. I currently have two interviews on Tuesday at Columbia and Wednesday at Einstein. Hopefully I will get interviews at NYU and Sinai and I can put those two on MOnday and Thursday or Friday. Then I fly out of NYC on Friday (late night) and get back to Oakland in late night on Friday.
    So hopefully I just get more interviews to fill those slots...but I wanted to make my airline reservations early.

9. E'01

E'01 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hey Scooby - wow you sound booked up! I also have interviews with Columbia and Einstein....speaking of which, did you get an actual date for Einstein?

10. moo

moo 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

So Scooby, was Columbia nice about resheduling your interview. I take it your original date was sometime in September?