Low gpa High MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jason Y

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! my first post here.

Just curious, I'm planning to apply to loma linda school of Medicine. BUT (before you judge) I know i scored extremely low on my studies. GPA of 2.97 (bad influence during my 1st two years of UG), but I got an Mcat score of 35 (517). I have pretty good EC activities too. There is a trend, increase in my gpa over the years, so it wasn't just the same. So what are my chances? And I'm an SDA too. I heard being an sda plays huge role in their admission. LLU avg gpa is 3.5 but mcat of 508 (30). Any luck? I will be applying end of this year so hopefully i can start 2019 cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys! my first post here.

Just curious, I'm planning to apply to loma linda school of Medicine. BUT (before you judge) I know i scored extremely low on my studies. GPA of 2.97 (bad influence during my 1st two years of UG), but I got an Mcat score of 35 (517). I have pretty good EC activities too. There is a trend, increase in my gpa over the years, so it wasn't just the same. So what are my chances? And I'm an SDA too. I heard being an sda plays huge role in their admission. LLU avg gpa is 3.5 but mcat of 508 (30). Any luck? I will be applying end of this year so hopefully i can start 2019 cycle.
I honestly think an old mcat with low gpa won’t help you much.

Did you double check that the old mcat score is still even valid?.. could swear they weren’t being accepted in the next cycle or two, but maybe I’m wrong.