• It's our birthday!

Thank you to all our members and donors for supporting us for since 1999.

Low gpa High MCAT

Jason Y

Feb 21, 2018
  1. Pre-Medical
    Hey guys! my first post here.

Just curious, I'm planning to apply to loma linda school of Medicine. BUT (before you judge) I know i scored extremely low on my studies. GPA of 2.97 (bad influence during my 1st two years of UG), but I got an Mcat score of 35 (517). I have pretty good EC activities too. There is a trend, increase in my gpa over the years, so it wasn't just the same. So what are my chances? And I'm an SDA too. I heard being an sda plays huge role in their admission. LLU avg gpa is 3.5 but mcat of 508 (30). Any luck? I will be applying end of this year so hopefully i can start 2019 cycle.

db673

5+ Year Member
    Jun 4, 2015
      Hey guys! my first post here.

Just curious, I'm planning to apply to loma linda school of Medicine. BUT (before you judge) I know i scored extremely low on my studies. GPA of 2.97 (bad influence during my 1st two years of UG), but I got an Mcat score of 35 (517). I have pretty good EC activities too. There is a trend, increase in my gpa over the years, so it wasn't just the same. So what are my chances? And I'm an SDA too. I heard being an sda plays huge role in their admission. LLU avg gpa is 3.5 but mcat of 508 (30). Any luck? I will be applying end of this year so hopefully i can start 2019 cycle.
      I honestly think an old mcat with low gpa won’t help you much.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.