Low GPA how to get into pharmacy school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rockstare

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im going to graduate as a biochemistry major soon but my community college GPA and University GPA will come to about 3.0. Im wondering what should I do. Im taking the PCAT this summer with the hopes of getting at least 80 on it. Should I apply to pharmacy schools after (would I have a chance?) I'm looking into only pharmacy schools outside of california, ideally 3 year schools. Should I go for a one year masters program or maybe do a Post Bac program? When I apply I will have 3 years of non pharmacy work experience and 2.5 years of work experience in a compounding pharmacy. Im also going to get a pharm tech license as well. Im just wondering how my chances are with my low GPA and what kind of PCAT score i should be aiming for to have a chance.

Members don't see this ad.

You'll be fine for most schools. Try to do better than 80th percentile on the PCAT for a better chance, but most in state schools will let you in just for being Californian so they can keep getting that state government money.

Im going to graduate as a biochemistry major soon but my community college GPA and University GPA will come to about 3.0. Im wondering what should I do. Im taking the PCAT this summer with the hopes of getting at least 80 on it. Should I apply to pharmacy schools after (would I have a chance?) I'm looking into only pharmacy schools outside of california, ideally 3 year schools. Should I go for a one year masters program or maybe do a Post Bac program? When I apply I will have 3 years of non pharmacy work experience and 2.5 years of work experience in a compounding pharmacy. Im also going to get a pharm tech license as well. Im just wondering how my chances are with my low GPA and what kind of PCAT score i should be aiming for to have a chance.

you should have already read about people getting accepted to pharmacy schools with 2's GPA and sub 20's percentile on the PCAT. (Do a quick search on here and you will see. I am serious. Anyhoo here I see on the front page http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/to-those-who-quit-pre-pharmacy.1076839/ ). You are going to be fine :)

Last edited: