Low GPA indian student, Help!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MoniRS

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I haven't officially converted my GPA to the percentile but I have about 61.05% CGPA which I think is approx 3.06 GPA (USA)

I want to apply for Masters in Endodontics but I am not sure if my GPA will be seen as a bad thing.

Can you please advice if I should still give it a shot or any alternatives on what I should do if I don't get through?

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
So how Master's is going to be useful in USA,if we cannot able to practice?
Can we work as a faculty?

Sent from my Xperia SP using SDN mobile

So how Master's is going to be useful in USA,if we cannot able to practice?
Can we work as a faculty?

Sent from my Xperia SP using SDN mobile
You can do masters to improve ur grades but you have to google out few colleges or universities and ask them personally what their requirements are and how to go about it. Also find out the other options to get into dds and have a view or rough image about what u want and what u have.
Good luck

Do you know anything about masters program in USA?
I meant ms or msd courses.
How is the competition for these courses and what are the chances to get admission?
Again I don't want to go in the same track ,it would be better to choose something other.

sent from SDN mobile

is dds better to persue than msd? do we get to practice after the masters and would still have to give the licensure examination?

Hello all,

I haven't officially converted my GPA to the percentile but I have about 61.05% CGPA which I think is approx 3.06 GPA (USA)

I want to apply for Masters in Endodontics but I am not sure if my GPA will be seen as a bad thing.

Can you please advice if I should still give it a shot or any alternatives on what I should do if I don't get through?

Thank you
hello doctor.. where are you based?? i want to know about some info about evaluation of credentials. i have started reading for NBDE 1 but for NBDE 1 i require some ECE evaluations done.. i am dentist from india.. i want to know is 1) what type of ECE evaluation i have to get done for NBDE or dds admission 2) what all other things i require before i can take NBDE 1 like dentpin... you can also mail me regarding this at [email protected] or can i get your email adress for further communication?? thanks in advance..

Hi, I have a query..... are online CE dental courses offered by US Dental schools helpful in adding value to student profiles....

Anybody please guide..

Anybody please guide..
Yes. There two types of CE courses . One is hands on and other is online in which you listen to lecture only. Hands on courses have much importance and they are offered by dental schools .they are very expensive. Online CE courses are free and some cost money. They are important because caapid asks 10 CE courses. You have to do it.

Yes. There two types of CE courses . One is hands on and other is online in which you listen to lecture only. Hands on courses have much importance and they are offered by dental schools .they are very expensive. Online CE courses are free and some cost money. They are important because caapid asks 10 CE courses. You have to do it.
Thanks a lot for guiding me on this. In continuation to my earlier question.......can we do the ce courses offered by any other Web programs like Colgate, Dentacare etc or are the ones offered by dental schools valid only

Can u please link me to the free online dental CE courses if possible
Thanks a lot in advance

Can u please link me to the free online dental CE courses if possible
Thanks a lot in advance
Free are available on Colgate and drbicuspid.com .
Ce courses by dental schools or free courses on line both are valid and hold importance. If you ask me, which one is better thend definitely I would say hands on is better but expensive.