Low GPA, Isn't there a way to get into a dental school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kokono

Reaction score
My GPA is 2.2 so I can't apply for the post-bacc program.
How can I recover my poor GPA?
Has anyone had a similar experience with me?

guys plz let me know

Members don't see this ad.

Take classes at a community college

Informal postbac. Take courses at CC, Extensions at 4 year university or second bachelors.

Members don't see this ad :)

guys plz let me know
Realistically, with this gpa you could struggle to do well in dental school, even if you get in. If you’re going to retake classes, I would try to thoroughly learn the material rather than only aiming for a good grade.

Respectfully are you certain you truly want to pursue dentistry? this will be a hugely uphill battle for you, likely taking 3+ years to correct your GPA before you can even apply for dental school, and will cost you thousands of dollars.

If you really are, look up Goro's SDN guide on re-inventing yourself. It is is for pre-meds, but will apply in your case as well.

Reactions: 1 user
Respectfully are you certain you truly want to pursue dentistry? this will be a hugely uphill battle for you, likely taking 3+ years to correct your GPA before you can even apply for dental school, and will cost you thousands of dollars.

If you really are, look up Goro's SDN guide on re-inventing yourself. It is is for pre-meds, but will apply in your case as well.
Thank you very much for telling me how.
I regret and reflect on my past.
I've been thinking about it for a long time, and I've decided.
Thank you.

Realistically, with this gpa you could struggle to do well in dental school, even if you get in. If you’re going to retake classes, I would try to thoroughly learn the material rather than only aiming for a good grade.
I regret that my college major didn't fit me well and I didn't do anything at that time.
Thank you for your advice!

Informal postbac. Take courses at CC, Extensions at 4 year university or second bachelors.
If I took informal postbac or get second bachelor's degree, my previous university credit is included when I apply?

guys plz let me know
honestly you could try to go into a masters program as a non-matriculate student - work your ass off get good grades for that semester, apply to the masters program and get in. from there apply to dental shcool and see what happens. If it doesn't work out you have a masters and can start looking into other options. I know wayne state medical school has a masters in biomedical science in which they take non-matriculated students and if they score well allow them to matriculate into the program. that could be an option for you :)