Aug 12, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Hello, this is my first post on here so I apologize if I'm posting in the wrong section or my format is off. I graduated 2 years ago with a very rough cGPA of 3.05, and that is with multiple grade replacements. I have volunteer and work experience in the medical field. I have 3 LORs, 1 from science professor, 1 from nurse I worked with, and 1 from a volunteer coordinator. I am also able to get a LOR from a physician I shadowed. I received my MCAT score back of 506 (took it three times, score steady improved) I have looked at some schools for SMPs and I'm worried my GPA is too low for their cutoff. For example, LECOM requires a sGPA of 2.7 which I dont qualify for. Do you guys know of any SMPs that have accepted low GPAs? So far I have complied a list of schools including:
  • ACHE
  • EVMS
  • RFU
  • Rutgers
  • Tufts
  • University of Cincinnati
  • UNTHSC
  • NSU
Some of these schools have linkages to their medical school like a guaranteed interview if you make the right grades in the program, but when I looked up their average MCAT and GPAs (508, 3.5) for the incoming students, I noticed these stats are a lot higher than mine. So even if I did complete a masters program, I may not be accepted to their school. Can anyone offer advice on how to get accepted to a SMP even with a low GPA, or know a program that emphasizes graduate GPA? Thank you.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads