Low GPA possibility of getting into dental school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doeboy012

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I wanted to ask what are the chances of getting into dental since we are on the topic. I have a 3.273 oGPA with a 3.115sGPA. I understand these are not up to par with the competition in dental school but my first 2 years at my institution it was rough plus, I got a C- in a 4 credit calculus class my sophomore semester, but since then I have maintained gotten straight As. Furthermore, I only have about 150+ volunteer hours at an oral maxillo-facial clinic located within a hospital, no shadowing hours, and no research. I plan on taking DATs in July, and going for a high score minimally around a 22-25. By the end of this semester my sGPA should be around a 3.3 and my oGPA to be around a 3.4 with 1 year remaining. I'm also in quite a few clubs but more so to be somewhat active.

Thank so you much!

Members don't see this ad.

if you actually raise that gpa to what you say itll be and do that well on your dat yeah you should be good dawg

Hey everyone. I wanted to ask what are the chances of getting into dental since we are on the topic. I have a 3.273 oGPA with a 3.115sGPA. I understand these are not up to par with the competition in dental school but my first 2 years at my institution it was rough plus, I got a C- in a 4 credit calculus class my sophomore semester, but since then I have maintained gotten straight As. Furthermore, I only have about 150+ volunteer hours at an oral maxillo-facial clinic located within a hospital, no shadowing hours, and no research. I plan on taking DATs in July, and going for a high score minimally around a 22-25. By the end of this semester my sGPA should be around a 3.3 and my oGPA to be around a 3.4 with 1 year remaining. I'm also in quite a few clubs but more so to be somewhat active.

Thank so you much!
Very good chances depending on DAT scores! I had the same scores as well as the same upward trend. Study very hard for the DAT, it’s make it or break it so I’m sure that’s enough to motivate you. Aim for 22+ and apply broadly, you got this!!!