General Admissions & OTCAS Low GPA schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jjcool

Reaction score
I have a cumulative gpa of 2.96 as I had a very bad first year and a half in college. I have 3 years experience as a case manager post college so I play to my clinical experience as my strength and not my GPA. I applied last fall to at still midwestern and nau. I got an interview with nau and waitlisted at at still and midwestern. If things don't pan out for me this application cycle I want to apply to more schools outside of my state. What schools accept students with a CGPA lower than 3.0 aside from the three schools I applied to already?

Sent from my SM-N960U using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

You should try to find schools that go off your last 60 credits.. I know west coast is one of them

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Honestly it’s gonna be difficult, because most schools have a 3.0 line that you can’t go under. I would look for schools that look at schools with the last 60 credits like West coast university in Cali. I would also take a couple of classes that could increase your gpa. You’re pretty close to a 3.0 and if you have the money I suggest taking a couple classes to get to the 3.0. Also apply to as many schools you can once you get that 3.0 so you have a better chance to get accepted.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
These are all schools that will look at your last 60 hours

University of Alabama Birmingham

Towson University

West Coast University

Texas Womans University

University of Central Arkansas

UW Madison

Western MI

California State San Jose

University of Illinois Chicago

Reactions: 1 users
Slippery Rock University in Pennsylvania. It was my undergrad, its a great school. Their OTD is brand new. I was accepted in November with a 3.34 GPA and 3.8 GPA in prereqs. They do not consider the GRE at all. Unfortunately, I declined. It was not my top choice &
based on my personal situation I was unable to move away from home and the commute would be too much. A friend of mine was accepted as well. We were in the same major in undergrad. She had low GPA and still needs her second A&P course to be completed this spring but still got accepted in January! Its a beautiful campus. About 50 mins from Downtown Pittsburgh and the cheapest OT program in PA. I definitely recommend looking into SRU!

Reactions: 1 users
These are all schools that will look at your last 60 hours

University of Alabama Birmingham

Towson University

West Coast University

Texas Womans University

University of Central Arkansas

UW Madison

Western MI

California State San Jose

University of Illinois Chicago
Thanks! I didn't think about that option. My last 60 GPA is 3.4 so this should help get me in!

Thanks! I didn't think about that option. My last 60 GPA is 3.4 so this should help get me in!

No problem! It’s literally saved me otherwise I would’ve never got in!

Check out St. Ambrose University as well. I didn't have a cumm. 3.0 GPA and they accepted me and love it there. They have a great OTD program.