This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

17100ok

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

From the title of the thread. you can guess what Im going to talk about. My cgpa is horrible ( cgpa 2.6 out of 4.0) and (science gpa ~2.4/4.0) and Im in fourth year, some of you must be wondering how deluded I am to think of Med school at this point with low gpa....unfortunately I really realized my passion to be a doctor too late.

I am a Biochemistry major, and I am considering of staying back an extra 2 years and raise my gpa up, maximum I could reach is a 3.0 but I know that's not enough either and would it even be worth it? I am not sure what to do? should I do a new undergrad or should I apply for masters before applying to med? Does anyone have any similar situation or information regarding this?

Is there an alternative path to boosting gpa in Canada or are the above mentioned strategies the only ways? I know in the US, people do a post Bac and improve their gpa? Is there anything similar here? does anyone have an opinion or advice to improving chance of getting in with a situation like mine, I know there is no guarantee of getting accepted even if things improve, but I want to do my best, please let me know.

And I apologize for long thread, there is just so much I want to ask, thanks for taking the time to read and/or respond :)

Members don't see this ad.