URM WAMC School suggestions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sugond681

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
URM and 509 MCAT (127/126/128/128), missouri resident.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Wait for that and we can talk
I plan to take a couple science classes to help my gpa but I want my main focus to be on the Mcat right now. Is there anything else I should be doing to improve my application at this time?

I plan to take a couple science classes to help my gpa but I want my main focus to be on the Mcat right now. Is there anything else I should be doing to improve my application at this time?
Net gain would be studying hard for your classes and MCAT. Really those will net you the most competitiveness. Stay focused and streamline

Reactions: 1 user
You definitely have a chance of getting into DO schools. You can also a podiatrist, the requirements are a bit low. Or you can apply to Howard or Morehouse, they encourage minorities with low GPAs to apply. The other option you have is going to PA school. But please understand that I am saying all of this thinking that you will have a low MCAT score. If you ace your MCAT, around 510, you’re all set to apply to medical schools that are low-tier. I have seen students with similar statistics as you and still got accepted to Ned school. And by the way, it’s MCAT,not Mcat... there is a huge difference, darling.

In case you want to know, I’m a rising freshman as a premed.

As long as your MCAT is at least 500 you will be competitive for at least 15 DO schools that I know of. Which region of Africa are you from ?

You could also receive interviews at your State M.D. schools with a MCAT score over 500. Post your score here in the future when it is available.

I just got my MCAT score back and ended up scoring a 509 (127/126/128/128). My sgpa is up to a 3.1 after a semester of a post bacc program. What schools should I apply to?

I suggest all these MD schools with your stats:
Your Missouri state public schools
Howard
Meharry
Morehouse
UCLA Drew
Creighton
St.Louis
Loyola
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
Quinnipiac
New York Medical College
Seton Hall
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
George Washington
Georgetown
NOVA MD
Tulane
Apply in June and submit all your secondaries by July.

I suggest all these MD schools with your stats:
Your Missouri state public schools
Howard
Meharry
Morehouse
UCLA Drew
Creighton
St.Louis
Loyola
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
Quinnipiac
New York Medical College
Seton Hall
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
George Washington
Georgetown
NOVA MD
Tulane
Apply in June and submit all your secondaries by July.
Thank you for the reply! Any suggestions for DO schools?

University of Missouri has some diversity issues so you may want to skip applying there. I’d say to add Wright State, and delay applying DO unless you don’t have MD interviews by early Nov.