MD & DO Low MCAT, decent GPA, where to apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JungleTrouble

Reaction score
I just got my retake MCAT score back and was not very happy with it. It is from a 495 to a 503 (125, 125, 127, 126). I am not sure if I have time to retake it to apply this cycle, nor do I really want to. I have a 3.68 cGPA and 3.62 sGPA. I am not opposed to going to a DO school but was wondering what my chances of getting into MD state schools since I am a GA resident? I am planning on applying PCOM for DO. My EC are good, I have some shadowing, research, a lot of clinical and nonclinical volunteering, and have been tutoring since high school. I feel like the rest of my app has a chance but my MCAT score has me worried. I am also on FAP and it is going to run out at the end of this year and the waivers it offers have been such a big help for testing and applying.

Members don't see this ad.

How many hours of physician shadowing do you have ? How many hours of clinical volunteering with patient contact ? Are you from a URM community ?

How many hours of physician shadowing do you have ? How many hours of clinical volunteering with patient contact ? Are you from a URM community ?
I have 56 hours of shadowing, ORM, and 566 clinical volunteering with patient contact in the hospital since like high school.

Members don't see this ad :)
I suggest these MD schools with your stats:
Medical College Georgia
Mercer
NOVA MD
Tulane
TCU-UNT
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
Drexel
Temple
Hackensack
New York Medical College
Albany
Vermont
Your chances for a MD acceptance are only ~ 1/3 so apply broadly to DO schools and I suggest these:
PCOM (all schools)
CUSOM
VCOM (all schools except Monroe)
LECOM (all schools)
ACOM
WCU-COM
UIWSOM
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
TUNCOM
MU-COM
WVSOM

I suggest these MD schools with your stats:
Medical College Georgia
Mercer
NOVA MD
Tulane
TCU-UNT
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
Drexel
Temple
Hackensack
New York Medical College
Albany
Vermont
Your chances for a MD acceptance are only ~ 1/3 so apply broadly to DO schools and I suggest these:
PCOM (all schools)
CUSOM
VCOM (all schools except Monroe)
LECOM (all schools)
ACOM
WCU-COM
UIWSOM
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
TUNCOM
MU-COM
WVSOM