Low MCAT Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alfalfa1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm taking a Princeton Course, 2 weeks left of that. I've taken 5 practice tests, 4 Princeton and 1 AAMC, all over a period of one month, and my scores are between 15 and 17. I'm fine with the writing sample however...always scoring R-T.

Scores in each section range from 4-6, and I'm getting a little discouraged because one would think over a month I should see some improvement. There are sections that I have not covered in TPR that come up on the exams and I have to make educated guesses, but even in the sections I have covered I seem to get ~ 50-60% correct.

I've read through some threads and alot of people suggest just taking the tests is the number one priority and doing content review by looking over answers...but perhaps I should just get ALL of the content review out of the way and then focus on tests?

My MCAT date is September 10th, I just finished 2nd year summer so I still have some time if I don't get the score I need this time around.

If anyone is/was in the same situation or has any advice then I'd really appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad.

It sounds like you may want to consider moving your test completely. While it's true you would have time to retest if you didn't get the score you want, it sounds like you are guaranteed to not get the score you want the way practice tests are going right now.

The most important thing for the MCAT is being prepared. Timing is secondary...especially since it's so early for you now. You will see older students delay tests in an effort to be better prepared. You could reschedule to Jan 2010 and THEN you would still have a chance to retake if you weren't happy. Taking it now and knowing you are not prepared seems like shooting yourself in the foot because you want to be successful on the MCAT in as few official tries as possible.