low MCAT's, better USMLE 1?

Discussion in 'General International Discussion' started by flpostbac, Jun 17, 2002.

1. flpostbac

flpostbac Member

Just curious...anyone with sub-25 MCAT's scoring well on the USMLE step 1???

Also, what is the highest USMLE score possible, and what is generally considered to be a 'good' score?

Thanks for any responses

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. chesspro_md

chesspro_md Member

The average step one score is 215 for US students. I made in the teens on both act and mcat and made well above 215 on step one. Don't worry about mcat scores, just study hard in basic sciences.

4. flpostbac

flpostbac Member

thanks for the reply...if you don't mind my asking, what school do you go to?

5. AceUF78

AceUF78 Membaaa....

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by chesspro_md:
    <strong>I made in the teens on both act and mcat .</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What do you mean by teens ?? ThirTEEN to NineTEEN ????
    If so, how do you get into med school with those scores ????
    BTW, this is not a flame, just curious about what you meant.

6. Winged Scapula

Winged Scapula Cougariffic!
    Staff Member Administrator Physician Faculty Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved

Attending Physician
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by AceUF78:
    <strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by chesspro_md:
    <strong>I made in the teens on both act and mcat .</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What do you mean by teens ?? ThirTEEN to NineTEEN ????
    If so, how do you get into med school with those scores ????
    BTW, this is not a flame, just curious about what you meant.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I expect that the OP is saying that he/she got in the teens (ie, 13-15) for each SUBSECTION of the MCAT - not a total score.