low overall gpa and behind in credits entering my junior year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jessa20

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My science GPA is a 3.68 but my overall is only a 2.27 I have had a pathetic last 2 years of college. I was extremely lazy my freshman year and dropped a ton of classes. I went into my sophomore as a freshman (credit wise) and ended up taking my second semester sophomore year off to refocus and it helped but now entering my junior year as barely a sophomore (credit wise) with only 2.27. I was wondering what advise you guys had in raising my GPA overall to a 3.3-3.5. I am considering transferring b/c my current school has a very poor science program but I am nervous that my GPA wont go up enough even with 2 years to go. Im taking summer courses to make up for the lost semster so that I can graduate on time. Should I take extra classes? Or retake some of my freshman year courses where I've gotten C's? Or should I consider graduating later to raise my GPA?

Thanks in advance. Anything will help.

Members don't see this ad.

Retake the courses with C or lower.
Calculate your GPA with your estimated grades using a AMCAS and AACOMAS Calculators and see where you would stand in two years if you were not to take summer courses.
I brought my AACOMAS GPA from below 2.0 to close to 3.0 in 4 semesters. You can do it too!

Last edited by a moderator:
Retake the courses with C or lower.
Calculate your GPA with your estimated grades using a AMCAS and AACOMAS Calculators and see where you would stand in two years if you were not to take summer courses.
I brought my AACOMAS GPA from below 2.0 to close to 3.0 in 4 semesters. You can do it too!
Thank you so much! I have 4 C's and I spoke with my adviser and if I retake 2 this year and get at least a B it help so much.

Reactions: 1 user